31 for 21 - What You Can DO!

   I think from the posts I have been doing this month, it should be apparent that our lives have not slowed down at all since our little blessing with Down syndrome has entered our lives. We feel that he is a BG blessing and an enhancement to our lives.
    As I was sitting here wondering what to write about today, I was reminded that many years ago (almost 8), I was told that my life would be different having a son with Down syndrome. I was told how he wouldn't walk at the same age as "normal" children. I was told that he would need WAY more work than "normal children. I was told a bunch of things that he wouldn't be able to do. I was given a very grime and sad picture as I sat in the hospital just days after giving birth to him.
    Well, being the family that we are - one that likes challenges, one that doesn't mind if things take a little bit of hard work, one that likes to try to overcome obstacles, one that goes against the grain of society in general - we set out to raise our little boy with Down syndrome in the best way that we felt we could. Little did we realize that there was SO much that we COULD do with him. Okay, so maybe there was a little extra work along the way, but it has been totally worth it.
     Because we were learning so much, we decided to put our thoughts and the information from others into a book that we called Down Syndrome - What You CAN Do. It is about 600 pages long and has lots and lots of info in it. We published it through an online publisher called lulu.com that prints the books as they are ordered. The little bit that we make on the books usually goes back into either buying more books that we have handed out or it has been used in other ways to promote the book. You can check it out here: Down Syndrome - What You CAN Do



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northeast Oklahoma Hay & Feed Coop

Bullet Proof Coffee

Ranch Animal Alphabet - Q