Bullet Proof Coffee

 Why Bullet Proof Coffee?

     Yes, caffeine is good for you! It is a known Nootropic (something that improves brain functioning). Consuming coffee this way usually takes care of any jitters some may experience. By adding a healthy fat the caffeine and MCT oil benefits can actually pass through and into the blood/brain barrier.

Not All MCT Oils Are the Same
     From the research I did a few years back, coconut oil contains MCTs (yep, Medium Chain Triglycerides).

     There are 5 of them with fancy names but shorter names of C6, C8, C10, C12 and C14. The original scientist behind the Bullet Proof Coffee (BPC) theory has alot of info on his website at https://www.bulletproof.com/diet/bulletproof-diet/bulletproof-for-beginners/

     In a nutshell, C8 is great for the brain. C10 is amazing for energy. Of course, all of them are good for you but by isolating the 2, you end up with an MCT oil that is for more specific things. The brain and energy - what most people want more of, haha.

     If you go to a health food store and start looking at MCT oils, it is important to read the ingredient list to make sure it is actually C8 and C10.

    I believe that C12 is more easily extracted and so some "MCT oils" have a higher concentration of it, and thus less of the C8 and C10.

     I use one that only has C8 and C10. I've used it for years and am happy with it. When I've been places without my oil, I'll go find a healthy grocery store and pick one up, but always making sure it is the C8 and C10 only.

     I'm thinking of getting just a C8 and seeing how it helps my old brain, that is sometimes forgetful, haha!

     The one I get has this in it "Medium Chain Triglycerides (60% Caprylic and 40% Capric Acid)"

C8 is Caprylic
C10 is Capric

Right now I am buying an organic MCT oil at Costco. Just make sure you find one that is only C8 and C10.

Bullet Proof Recipe & Add-Ins

     Of course, there are a few recipes when it comes to Bullet Proof Coffee. The basic recipe is:
1. A cup to 2 cups of coffee
2. A Tablespoon of butter or coconut oil (healthy fats)
3. A Tablespoon of MCT oil

     I use my NutriBullet blender to mix it all up in. Sometimes I add some real cream to it or even a flavored cream if I'm wanting a different flavor.

     I've modified what I drink and add in other things as well, depending on my mood, haha:
1. Collagen powder, sometimes I use Primal Kitchen Collagen Peptides Unflavored powder.
2. A protein powder (sometimes vanilla, sometimes chocolate)
3. Better Body Foods Organic Energy Blend (does add a slight maca powder flavor)

     I also bought one of these for easy, no mess dispensing of the oil:
Olive Oil Dispenser - Oil Dispenser Bottle for Kitchen, Oil and Vinegar Dispenser Set, Olive Oil Bottles for Kitchen – Coffee Syrup Dispenser, Mouthwash Dispenser, 2 Pack (Glass Bottles) https://a.co/d/dsxFikU


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northeast Oklahoma Hay & Feed Coop

Ranch Animal Alphabet - Q